ISBN 978-1-889262-57-4 $14.95 trade paperback (retail list price)
These motivational quotes by a well-regarded sociologist, author, and consultant will help you look at your weight and shape concerns in a fresh light. This is not a diet book but an inspirational collection of 365 daily affirmations intended as a tool to foster self-acceptance and a more positive approach to weight management and body image.
Spanish; Vietnamese; India
1. I love myself, whatever I weigh and whatever my shape.
2. Yesterday can’t be undone. But I can make sure that it is the exception, not tomorrow’s rule.
3. I cannot change those who upset, annoy, or disappoint me, but I can change how I react to them.
4. I am training myself to keep track of everything I eat. My body certainly does.
5. I realize that weight loss has a double message: weight loss is a good thing but taking away makes me feel bad.
Excerpted from 365 Daily Affirmations for Creative Weight Management by Jan Yager, Ph.D. Published by Hannacroix Creek Books, Inc., 2009, 2002. All rights reserved. (Permission to reprint, print, repost, or publish is granted as long as the copyright notice is included with each affirmation as well as the name of the author and no changes are made.)
About the author
Jan Yager, Ph.D. is a sociologist and the award-winning author of 35+ nonfiction and fiction titles translated into 30+ languages.